Help build a safer, stronger, more hopeful future.
Job Description: Professional Nurse
Location: Gqeberha, South Africa
Designation: Full-Time Staff Member (fixed Term contract)
Salary Range: Market related and commensurate with qualifications and experience
Who We Are: Ubuntu Pathways
Ubuntu Pathways is a R50m Global NGO with headquarters in Gqeberha, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu Pathways is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa.
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity.
This Gqeberha, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Actively participate in the provision of nursing care to patients
- Prescribe appropriate treatment for minor ailments and opportunistic infections
- Understand and align DOH guidelines with the Organisation’s expectations
- Work with case workers to formulate a care plan for clients with ART adherence issues
- Provide PreP and PeP according to DoH guidelines
- Provision of PMTCT services
- Participate in school health programme
- Nursing Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a donor-funded Organisation or Primary Health Care
- Sound technical knowledge of HIV-TB, STI management, PMTCT, IMCI, EPI and Ante-Natal Care
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- BANC and BANC plus trained
- EPI and IMCI trained
- Microsoft knowledge
- Shows professional concern for quality work
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Display flexibility in adapting to changing conditions
Application Information & Method
- Applications are open to South African citizens only
- Send your CV via Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that you save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 25th May 2022