Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Workforce Development Coordinator: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure assigned program activities and grant requirements are implemented successfully. • Identify, develop and maintain workforce development partnerships and network with other program coordinators. • Develop effective working relationships with employers and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employment satisfaction. • Assess the staffing needs of businesses and track employment placement and retention outcomes for program participants. • Screen job seeker resumes, facilitate interviews, provide quality referrals to employers for employment and maintain an updated internal candidate pool. • Facilitate workshops for eligible candidates and provide support to job pool candidates. • Prepare materials for and support completion of monthly reports and budgets as requested. • Gather, analyze and process program data. • Create, maintain, and/or supervise an effective filing system to support programs and clients relations. • Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events as necessary for various assigned projects. • Participate in professional development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars. • Provide input to Manager and make recommendations for improvements to programs and the department. • Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager. • Provide career support for graduates. This includes but is not limited to: determining graduates need for services, determine area of interest for potential and future jobs and maintain an 80% retention rate for all graduates in caseload. • Provide career guidance and counseling. This includes but is not limited to: job selection, resume review, job search strategies, cover letter writing, career interest inventories, and connections with career resources both inside and outside the Ubuntu. • Provide frequent feedback as to the hiring trends and job market demands and how that impacts what our programs offer our clients. • Assist with events as specified (success workshops, graduate school exploration, cultural experiences, and welcome back programs and awards ceremonies). • Provide personal counseling as needed; determining when referrals to other agencies are needed. • Maintain and improve relationships that are assigned and maintain or increase the number of employment opportunities for alumni. This requires constant planning and following up on key relationships. • Document all employer relationships and job cultivation, ensuring these are kept up to date with changes/improvements resulting from visits. • Responsible for training and evaluating alumni to ensure that checklists for what the employer wants are completed fully before the candidate starts a job. • Follow up with employers through a variety of methods including e-mails, phone calls and visits. • Attend meetings, conferences and gatherings related to gaining or maintaining appropriate relations with employers. • Responsible for the overall success of events within the Alumni and employer engagement portfolio. • Maintain, improve and submit the overall macro employer and alumni list. • Ensure that all alumni are checked on every month. • Ensure all scholarship holders are checked on every month to build that relationship as early as possible in preparation for when they become alumni. • Conduct monthly workshops to help candidates adjust to employment. • Coordinate operations related to the provision of services such as: transportation coordination, scheduling, and ongoing communication with participants and providers. • Implement comprehensive employment and job retention programs that are fiscally sound, as well as overall program structure, policies, and procedures. • Assist with grant research and grant writing related to workforce programming. • Participate in donor visits as well as represent the organization when interacting with clients, the community, or stakeholders.
Educational Qualifications: • Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Psychology or related field
• Previous experience, training or knowledge about workforce development, candidate screening and project management. • Demonstrated experience in program management, specifically experience in either workforce development programs or as a recruitment manager or consultant. • Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve and exercise good judgment. • Skilled coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously. • Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity. • Must possess an extensive understanding effective job posting strategies and resources. • Must have knowledge in resume building, interviewing, networking and social media. • Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic Internet research techniques. • Great follow-up skills. • Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required. • Able to work effectively under time pressure and/or deadlines. • Experience drafting job descriptions is a plus. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including evenings and weekends as needed. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including evenings and weekends as needed. • Hands-on experience with tracking data and using a database. • Knowledge of labor legislation. • Experience with interviews, candidate screening, evaluation and retention. • Experience in cultivating partnerships and networking. • Excellent verbal and written communication in English required, isiXhosa preferred. • Strong decision making and team management skills. • Significant leadership experience with workforce development programs and events. • Willingness to travel throughout Port Elizabeth to meet with partners.
Salary of R 22 000, 00 basic per month is offered. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover and additional annual leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted