Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Ubuntu School Teacher: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ubuntu is looking to hire educators in various teaching positions. The hours are 8-5 pm Monday-Friday and teachers will be afforded 15 days annual leave per annum.
- Support lead teachers and teachers to develop and teach engaging, creative curriculum and lessons, aligned with Ubuntu’s expectations and approach
- Lead guided reading groups and support Ubuntu’s approach to literacy instruction
- Collaborate closely with a team of teachers responsible to consistently improve student learning and school culture
- Participate actively in ongoing professional learning, evaluating and reflecting on teaching practices
- Help to build a creative, engaging and supportive learning environment that leads students to value being at the Ubuntu school and feel part of the Ubuntu community
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Build on concepts, linking to earlier knowledge-ability to implement an emergent and interdisciplinary curriculum
- Differentiated instruction for students to bring forth their strengths and meet their challenges, allowing for all students to receive focused attention
- Manage classroom, develop a community within the classroom, lead positive behavior management and ensure a nurturing environment
- Be prepared for all classes and take time in the admin and preparation for each class
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met thoroughly
- Respond to all email and telephone calls within 24 hours
- Respect the confidentiality of students and the school community
- Maintain professional boundaries with parents and students and show consistent professionalism
- Assist in the coaching and management of extracurricular activities at least twice a week
- Attend campus meetings, involved in projects, documentation, portfolios, parents’ meetings, conferences, team meetings, etc..
- Respect all Ubuntu policies
- Safeguard all equipment allocated, update inventory or resources for assigned class/ subject/activity and manage assigned budget
- Participate in donor visits
Skills and Experience we are Looking For:
- Student teaching or equivalent experience with children in elementary education -for aides and lower level teachers, interest and passion for working with young children and have been through the Ubuntu JST Program.
- Solid understanding or willingness to adapt to creative progressive collaborative approach
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Dedication to viewing children through their strengths and teaching the whole child
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve goals
- Curiosity and humility, to reflect, welcome feedback, and continually grow in teaching practice
- Teaching Diploma or Undergraduate degree with postgraduate Teaching Diploma
- SACE registered if teacher or lead
- Proven role model skills
- Ability to reflect on practice and take constructive criticism
- Proven time management skills
- Organized, ability to plan and report
- Life long learning a key value
- Able to be approachable to student and parent community, build trust and shows confidentiality
- Communicate accurately and effectively about the school to relevant stakeholders
Commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to: email@example.com
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
o Notice Period at current place of work.
o Salary expectation – per month, basic without benefits.
o Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
§ must have acted as a supervisor/manager
§ must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted