Professional Nurse: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Integrate HIV/AIDS management in paediatric and adult patient care.
- Integrate TB and PMTCT management for all clients as needed.
- Provide physical examinations for patients during consultation and record data obtained such as pulse rate, respiration rate, blood pressure, temperature, weight and height.
- Draw blood from patients for baseline tests and others (i.e. CD4 count, HIV Elisa, Viral Load, etc)
- Conduct rapid tests such as: lactate metre, glucometer, haemoglobin meter, pregnancy, and HIV.
- Interpret and deliver test and lab results.
- Check and administer drugs and injections.
- Provide ARV adherence counselling.
- Provide health-related education to clients as needed.
- Escort clients to hospitals and clinics as needed.
- Conduct home visits for non-adherent patients living with HIV and patients needing special accommodations (bed ridden, unable to walk, providing growth monitoring to children at home, etc.) in collaboration with Case Workers.
- Facilitate support groups/workshops on various topics.
- Maintain patient records ensure confidentiality of all patient files, documents, and information
- Gather, analyse and submit all relevant statistical data on a monthly basis.
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS management is required.
- Experience in anti-natal and management of children is required.
- Experience in project management preferred.
- Fluency in isiXhosa & English.
- Applicants must possess a University Degree in a relevant discipline – Bachelor of Nursing Science.
- Must be in possession of a current SANC registration.
- 3 years experience
- Experience in public sector in Primary Health Care (PHC)
- Preferred training courses completed:
- Community Psychiatry
Salary R18241.96 basic salary per annum. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover and additional annual leave days are also offered.
For further information about this job, please visit www.panlila.co.za
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Salary expectation: basic, per YEAR*. Please indicate one, specific amount, e.g. R150 000 basic, per year. (* BASIC PER YEAR, BEFORE DEDUCTIONS & WITHOUT BENEFITS). Please refer to offered salary for this vacancy. If your expected salary is higher than Ubuntu is offering for a specific position, you will NOT be considered for the position.)
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted