- Manage caseload, supporting clients through various life circumstances including, but not limited to: ARV adherence and non-adherence, pregnancy and parenting, child neglect, physical abuse, domestic violence, substance use, financial hardship, food insecurity, etc.
- Provide counselling and education to clients in order to assist them and support them with above-mentioned hardships while promoting self-empowerment and decision-making.
- Conduct home visits
- Collect information about clients through interviews, intakes, surveys, counselling, and observations both on site and on home visits
- Participate in case review meetings as a contributing member.
- Assist, and advocate for, clients in navigating available services both internally and externally
- Lead and assist with planning, preparation, facilitation, and execution of group work and special events.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client records and information.
- Represent the organization if/when meeting with external stakeholders and visitors.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
· Miminum grade 12 qualification required
· Experience in case work or community development preferred.
· Any further relevant post-matric certification, qualification, or experience could be advantageous.
· Fluency in isiXhosa and English.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral forms.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
Salary range from R7000.00 up to R15000.00 basic salary per annum depending on scope of competence and experience. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover, additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways.
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.