Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Pharmacist Assistant – 2 days per week for 6 weeks
- Mondays from 08h00 to 17h00
- Wednesdays from 08h00 to 17h00
- Reviews and processes prescriptions and medication orders as per request.
- Assist pharmacist in preparing and dispensing medication orders and prescription.
- Prepares, fills and compounds drugs orders by nurses and other authorized personnel.
- Operates and uses appropriate techniques within system for storage, preparation and dispensing of medication agents and follows the healthcare centres policies regarding medication preparation and labelling, controlled substances reconciliation and purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Assist the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable data relating to drug usage. Also be able to collect specific patient related information (e.g.: allergies, drug patient’s contraindications, side effects, dosages and storage of drugs, etc).
- Provide and supply information or instructions relating to the correct use of drugs supplied.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Receives and stores incoming stock or medical supplies according to the SOP and follow regulation
- Performs along with pharmacist monthly stock count (monthly stock-take).
- Clean equipment and instruments according to the prescribed methods. And also help maintain clean working environment in the pharmacy including keeping the area in order.
- Monitor and record pharmacy areas, and refrigerator, daily temperature according to SOP.
- Be able to answer telephone queries prompt and cautiously.
- Be able to communicates with relevant personnel at Provincial Pharmaceutical Supply Depot (PPSD formerly known as PMSC) to ensure timely delivery of drugs, if requested.
- Provides weekly adherence reports, monthly reports on down referral sites.
- Provides pharmacy manager with statistical data as required.
Experience & Language Skills:
- Be able to utilize pharmacy dispensing programs that Ubuntu uses.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common prescription codes/direction.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory bodies (e.g. PMSC, etc.).
- Ability to write speeches routine reports and correspondences clearly.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, supervisor and other staff members of the organization.
- Grade 12 (Matriculation) certificate;
- Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Certificate issued by South African Pharmacy Council; and
- Registered with South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC).
R670.00 per day
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted