Ubuntu Pathways is a R50m Global NGO with headquarters in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu Pathways is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to www.ubuntupathways.org.
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity
Applications open to South African Citizens only. This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase will be expected to undergo mandatory competence based assessments.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th October 2020
- Draw up orders for stock needed
- Placing orders with Depot and Suppliers after approval
- Receiving stock from Depot or Ubuntu Procurement.
- Packing away of stock in correct place applying proper stock procedures, taking expiry dates into account (FEFO)
- Following up on stock orders/ stock requests with Suppliers and collections or orders,
- Monthly counting of stock as per stocktake sheet and submitting to Finance.
- Issuing of surgical supplies and family planning stock to nurses twice a month, or as needed and keeping track of stock
- Consistently check emergency Trolley to replace used items, order when stock levels are low and keep track of expiry dates
- Restocking of bins in pharmacy and continuous monitoring of stock levels and filling up of stock bins when needed
- Pre-packing of medication according to specific pack sizes determined by commonly issued dosages and issue periods
- Typing and printing (using iDart) of commonly dispensed items so as to make dispensing easier for pharmacist to include Good Pharmacy Practice label requirements
- Read and prepare schedule 1 to 4 prescriptions, label and supply to patients under the direct supervision of the pharmacist, including timekeeping on Triage spreadsheet and recording acute items
- Answers patients' questions about their medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Read and prepare Schedule 1-4 prescriptions, label and supply to patients under the indirect supervision of the Pharmacist, provided that it falls within the scope of practice of Post-Basic Pharmacist Assistants in a Primary Health Clinic issuing patient-ready packs or medicines from the Essential Medicine List prescribed as per Standards Treatment Guidelines
- Taking and recording of fridge temperatures and room temperatures
- Check for expired stock in clinic, labelling any stock that is short-dated and disposing of any expired stock.
- Noting when stock labelled to expire has expired and disposing of it in accordance with disposal policy/procedure
- Checking for expired stock in the emergency trolley, recording on e/trolley list any short-dated stock and replacing expired stock.
- Disposing of expired medication in accordance with DOH guidelines.
- Registered as a Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant;
- A minimum of 3 years pharmacy expertise;
- Driven and with passion for the job;
- Fluency in isiXhosa & English.
- Applicants must possess a post matric certification in a relevant discipline.
Salary for this position is at R12 118.08 basic salary per month plus benefits.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV with cover letter via Email to : email@example.com
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.