- Support and mentor clinic health team to develop and implement high quality community based services across the prevention, care and treatment cascade for PLHIV and other community members including observations, direct consultations, teaching and conducting multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Provide technical assistance and leadership in HIV prevention, care and treatment and EMTCT to increase staff capacity
- Review and auditing of policies on infection control policy and protocol for the clinic
- Meet with Ubuntu donors and external partners
- Report key data, understanding Ubuntu’s milestones and metrics and working with the Clinic Manager
- Support clinic manager in ensuring high quality care for all clinic patients through direct consultations with clients and mentorship
- Provide clinical care to patients living with HIV that are enrolled in Ubuntu’s ARV and Prenatal and post natal care
- Manage the preparation of patients for medical evaluation through assessments and monitoring the availability of charts, labs, and forms
- Track the disposition of patients after medical evaluation to ensure that the appropriate medical plans are properly enacted including imparting the relevant health education material
- Ensure the effective participation in quality improvement activities with particular attention to the programs and registries for all treatment plans (HIV, TB, PMTCT, chronic diseases, etc)
- Identify areas where additional technical support may be required and coordinate the provision of short-term technical assistance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be registered to practice in South Africa as a medical doctor
- 7-10 years experience in clinical care and public health including HIV/AIDS and/or antenatal care programs
- Familiarity with the public sector health system
- Experience in providing mentorship at a clinical level
- Prior experience in building capacity for health care staff and improving health systems using participatory methodologies and implementing at a local level
- Excellent communication, training, facilitation, and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge in working with HIV prevention, care and treatment health program in SA
- Excellent written and oral skills
Please note that this job description summarizes the main responsibilities of the job. However, it neither prescribes nor restricts tasks that might be carried out.
Remuneration – R1500.00 per hour
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.