- Familiarity with working processes of the equipment and the physical structure;
- Inspection of and supervision of the condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment and maintenance of up to date and accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise;
- Regular scheduled evaluation and maintenance of the facilities as well as facilitation of the cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment;
- Supervising and coordinating work of contractors and checking that agreed work by staff or contractors are completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Management of the building security systems to maintain maximum security while not impacting negatively on the activities happening within the building;
- Participating in the development of policies and procedures affecting the use of suppliers and facilities in the institution and planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives, including the development of back-up or alternative systems for common problems;
- Ensuring the building continues to meet health and safety requirements and regulations;
- Working towards ensuring the safety of the building and its occupants from hazards;
- Initiating an active campaign on safety measures in the building, as well as maintenance of records and reports for the safety service so that information is readily available if needed;
- Ensuring that current best practices are researched and implemented where cost-effective in the facility;
- Evaluating the work of staff members and other subordinates;
- Input into budget for the facilities management division.
- Relevant post-grade 12 qualification or certification
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position with demonstrated success;
- Possess a sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation within the built environment;
- Computer literate;
- Reliable, self-motivated, creative and adaptable individual;
- Excellent skills with people at all levels, behave professionally and fairly at all times and be able to juggle multiple and often conflicting priorities with the ability to take control of a situation and resolve it with minimal disruption to the business operations;
- Good problem-solving skills, good organizational skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
R14022 to R18 417 per month (excluding benefits), depending on experience and competence.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Salary expectation – per month, basic without benefits.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted