- Manage a caseload of young adults (18-28), which includes outreach, case management, coaching, crisis response, follow-up, coordination of care, referral services and aftercare. Provide counselling and education to clients in order to assist them and support them with above-mentioned hardships while promoting self-empowerment and decision-making.
- Conduct home visits.
- Conduct worksite visits to internship and job sites.
- Facilitate orientation sessions and programs for work readiness members.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and files relating to the cases of clients.
- Provide individual support related to career and or internship skills, general support and employment retention.
- Provide all services in a culturally competent manner, being responsive to the needs of youth in the community.
- Maintain records of identified participants contacts to produce regularly scheduled reports.
- Assist with the development of youth workforce strategies and partnerships including the development and maintenance of a jobs and opportunities bulletin board and database.
- Develop a career/employment service plan for all clients upon entry to the program.
- Attend community meetings and events to support recruitment as requested.
- Model and facilitate creative problem solving and youth development strategies.
- Produce regularly scheduled reports on youth progress.
- Help communicate progress to other staff members.
- Assist in planning, preparation, facilitation and implementation/execution of Ubuntu events.
· Minimum educational requirement: qualified and registered Social Worker/Counsellor
· Minimum experience of three years
· Fluency in isiXhosa and English with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral forms
· Willingness to travel to provide field-based services
· Strong interpersonal skills
Salary – from R8000 to R15000.00 basic salary per month, depending on scope of experience. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover and additional annual leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways.
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.