Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Head of School – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead day-to-day functioning of the school
- Work with local leaders, teachers, staff, and parents to assure a consistent, high-functioning learning environment
- Implement a system to monitor student progress, including maintaining accurate attendance records
- Develop school curriculum with the support of an advisory team
- Manage the school’s discretionary budget
- Work directly with the Education Capacity Coach to develop and adapt the school’s academic/operating models as required
- Manage all additional school activities, including but not limited to: transportation, health and safety policies, social services, and referrals
- Work with Education Capacity Coach to manage professional development and accountability procedures for staff
Experience and skill requirements are as follows:
- Experience and/or willingness to lead constructivist learning activities (e.g. project-based, play-based, or investigative learning) in an early-primary education context
- Experience in a leadership role in an educational environment (note: prior experience as a school principal is not required)
- Experience working with children
- An innovative and creative outlook
- Comfort with experimentation and pushing the status quo
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a start-up environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover, additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to: email@example.com
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Salary expectation – per month, basic without benefits.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted