Help launch Ubuntu’s Safe Campus Initiative today.
Facilities Manager - Fixed Term Contract
Ubuntu Pathways is a 20-year-old non-profit based in Port Elizabeth providing cradle to career care to over 2,000 orphaned and vulnerable children. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to www.ubuntupathways.org.
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity.
This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase might be expected to undergo mandatory competence-based assessments.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th January 2021
Ubuntu Pathways (www.ubuntupathways.org) is seeking a Facilities Manager to provide, implement, manage, and develop effective and efficient integrated Facilities Management and Maintenance Services strategies, policies, procedures, processes, standards, and systems with sound leadership for Facilities business unit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing facilities maintenance and repairs in line with budgets and financial parameters
- Ensure upkeep and maintenance of office space
- Administration and management of technical aspects of the facilities
- Ensure inventory of all assets is kept up to date with regular asset verification processes
- Control and oversea the records storage processes and procedures
- Training of all staff on the documents storage and maintenance procedures
- Review the annual risk evaluations completed, ensuring that controls to mitigate risk are documented and managed to an acceptable standard
- Review quarterly risks reports and identify trends related to identified risks for corrective action
· Evaluation of recommendations in respect of Approved Contractors list.
· Responsible for waste disposal management according to legal requirements
· Ensuring that all SHE processes and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain an effective SHE system
- Responsible for Workplace Incident Investigation and the related admin
- Review and refining departmental expenditure estimates and prepare budgets
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- Ensure compliance with all building and regulatory requirements
- Professionally and effectively, and in accordance with specific policies and procedures, administer and manage the facilities management services
- Management of telecommunications system
- Manage, document, and record all compliance Certificates for the Centre
- Supervision of staff which includes work allocation, training and problem solving evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions
Experience and skill requirements are as follows:
● Formal NQF Aligned qualification
● Must have experience working on site
● Proven facilities management skills
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to lead a maintenance and operations team
● Level of business maturity commensurate with that of a professional person
● Strong knowledge of facilities management practices, laws, rules, and regulations.
● Ability to analyse, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action
● Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
● Demonstrate leadership skills and a willingness to grow and learn new skill sets.
● Own reliable transport required.
● Occasional weekend working and after hours callouts will be required.
● Must have proficient IT skills, certificate not required but will be a plus
● At least 5-9 years’ experience with a minimum of 4 years working in a leadership position.
● MUST have experience working with high-rise buildings
● MUST have experience in both commercial and residential maintenance
● Reports, policies, and procedures: 5-9 years or more
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover, additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to: email@example.com
• Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
o Notice Period at current place of work.
o Salary expectation – per month, basic without benefits.
o Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
§ must have acted as a supervisor/manager
§ must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within two weeks (14 days) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.