Executive Assistant and Team Coordinator in Zwide, Port Elizabeth – 36 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ubuntu Pathways is a R50m Global NGO with headquarters in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to www.ubuntupathways.org
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity.
This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered. All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase will be expected to undergo mandatory competence based assessments.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Support to MD and Executive Team: - Provide administration support to the Executive team including travel, diary and email management, office administration system management, and meeting coordination, advise on conflicting events and carry out multiple rescheduling as necessary, provide secretarial support as required, sort, prioritise and draft internal and external correspondence as needed, develop and maintain office systems, including email and other electronic monitoring and filing, schedule meetings, including regular team meetings, and provide administrative support to meetings (organise attendees, venues and relevant catering requirements), prepare agendas and papers for circulation, book and co-ordinate manager’s travel and accommodation and undertake other duties are requested.
· Team Support and Contribution - Provide general administrative support to the Executive team. This includes, but is not limited to: travel, accommodation and itinerary arrangements for the team, provide liaison assistance to visitors, log mail and actions as required, manage work plan of the Executive Committee, attend team meetings and take notes as required, maintain a document register and system for storage and retrieval of all contracts, assist and coordinate material for internal and external reporting requirements, develop and maintain databases and office systems, assist with carrying out administration for meetings and events on-shore and off-shore, including liaising with and hosting international guests/clients, sourcing display material and coordinating presentations and work closely with other support staff within the organisation and provide mentoring support as required.
· Project Administration and Coordination - provide project administration and management support to the teams. This will include: maintaining the overall work plan and project plans, tracking key tasks, critical path and budgets, documenting the outcomes of projects and preparing regular reports against project progress in agreed format and content.
· Administrative and Project Support for Programmes and Initiatives - provide programme administration and support to the teams, including: receiving and processing proposals and reports for the team as required, follow up customer queries and/or complaints quickly and thoroughly and keep customers informed throughout and maintain office business systems for the team.
· Customer service - both internal and external customers and stakeholders. This includes: understand and manage customer expectations, recognise and respond to opportunities to proactively meet customer needs, seek and use customer feedback to enhance services and delivery mechanisms and able to be diplomatic and discreet in the dealings.
· Relationship Management - establish and sustain positive working relationships with people at all levels (internal and external customers).
· Teamwork – this includes: actively participate in the development of the team and its work processes, systems and operations, provide positive support and assistance to team colleagues to ensure delivery of team goals and seek to increase contribution to the team and support an environment of continuous improvement.
· Supporting Organisational Values – this includes: endorse, support and promote the strategic vision and values of Ubuntu Pathways and act fairly and with integrity in dealings with customers, stakeholders, and other Ubuntu Pathways staff.
- Information Technology and Information Management – this includes a good understanding of information technology and its use as a management and operational tool and has excellent skills in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Proven experience in a busy Executive Assistant and/or Administrator role with accountability for a wide variety of complex administration tasks.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Excellent administration and support skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe and Powerpoint
• Information gathering and analysis skills
• Well developed written and verbal communication skills
• Minute taking skills
• Project support/co-ordination skills
• Knowledge of the NGO sector desirable
• Familarility with desk top publishing and project management applications
• Candidates must be fully fluent in English; knowledge of will be beneficial
Applicants must possess a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
R13989.96 basic salary per month.
Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover, additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
Salary expectation: basic, per YEAR*. Please indicate one, specific amount, e.g. R150 000 basic, per year. (* BASIC PER YEAR, BEFORE DUDUCTIONS & WITHOUTH BENEFITS). Please refer to offered salary for this vacancy. If your expected salary is higher than Ubuntu is offering for a specific position, you will NOT be considered for the position.)
Notice Period at current place of work.
Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.