The Computer Instructor is a vocational educator in the field of computer science and related technological areas who coaches and teaches students in the fundamentals of computer software and hardware. This role also includes programmatic support for the Job Skills Training (JST) Program as well as data entry and other administrative duties.
- Provide direct computer-related support to all interested candidates and participants.
- Coordinate the development of a computer curriculum and create lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of students.
- Evaluate, and maintain records of, student performances in class and on exams, and provide feedback.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Conduct workshops, and one-on-one/group and meetings.
- Provide job coaching and support.
- Assist with identifying training and course needs.
Documentation and tracking:
- Responsible for capturing and maintaining all JST data as well as all other youth related activities.
- Ensure all program forms are filed and organized.
- Assist with FLP program, as well as other activities, by being involved with planning, coordination, and facilitation.
- Implement and run a robotics program
- Participate in donor visits representing the organization.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 12h00
- R5625 per month
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Experience working with youth and program coordination.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Diploma, certificate or degree in a computer-related field.
- Fluency in isiXhosa and English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for working with young goal-oriented job-seekers.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.