Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Coffee Shop Coordinator: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract for 28 hours per week
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Assign rules and responsibilities to employees for operational effectiveness
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Communicate clearly with all employees to ensure effective store operations
- Develop strategic action plans for the team to meet operational and organizational objectives
- Conduct staff performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals
- Identify and address issues in store performance
- Adhere to employee wage and hourly laws
- Schedule regular meetings to discuss business development opportunities, as well as any issues
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy in accordance with sanitation and cleaning standards
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Obtain customer feedback and make appropriate business developments or changes to meet customer needs
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Maintain safe and inviting store environment
- Tuesdays from 07h00 to 14h00
- Wednesdays from 07h00 to 14h00
- Thursdays from 07h00 to 14h00
- Fridays from 07h00 to 14h00
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours
- Ability to train and lead
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) will be beneficial
Salary of R21000.00 basic per month is offered. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover and additional annual leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted