Help us care for our children and keep families safe during the COVID-19 crisis.
Clinical Manager – Two (2) year contract
Ubuntu Pathways is a R50m Global NGO with headquarters in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu Pathways is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to www.ubuntupathways.org.
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity
Applications open to South African Citizens only. This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase will be expected to undergo mandatory competence based assessments.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th August 2020
- Supervise and ensure the provision of in effective and efficient patient care through adequate nursing care
- Treat complex health conditions presented in accordance with internal and DOH norms, standards and guidelines.
- Screen and diagnose complex aliments, health problems and diseases in accordance with prescribed norms and standards, and refer when necessary.
- Audit records by analysing data, identification of health indicators and risk factors as well as co-ordinate the conducting of clients satisfaction surveys
- Perform interventions ranging from personal care with active involvement of patients and other members of the team
- Develop and document intervention and progress of patients to facilitate continuity of care
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of nursing care plan and evaluation thereof
- Take part in health promotion and illness prevention initiatives and assist in their evaluation
- Empower individuals, groups and communities in adopting health lifestyle and self-care
- Contribute to the education and professional development of subordinates
- Apply the principles of PHC in service rendering, for the maintenance of professional excellence
- Provide relevant health information to health care users to assist in achieving optional health care and rehabilitation of patients
- Consult with the multidisciplinary health teams, organizations and special interest groups when dealing with community health issues and needs
- Collaborate with members of the health and social care teams and participate in decision making pertaining to health care delivery
- Ensure the disseminate information on epidemics, nutritional diseases, maternal and infant morbidity and mortality and other common diseases.
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary quality assurance team meetings
- Maintain constructive working relationships with nursing and other stakeholders (inter-professional, inter-sectoral and multi-disciplinary teamwork)
- Facilitate the setting, review and update of patient care standards, policies and procedures
- Develop and implement quality improvement plan
- Implement nursing care management activities according to the Standards of Practice and Scope of Practice and act upon breaching of laws relating to nursing practice and professional code of conduct and practice standards
- Implement procedures that maintain effective infection control and occupational and safety measures in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Participate in the analysis, formulation and implementation of nursing guidelines, practices, standards and procedures
- Maintain and monitor proper utilization of human, financial and physical resources
- Analyse staffing needs and develop a plan to meet the needs
- Explore opportunities for professional development and ensure training and development of staff
- Monitor and ensure that all nurses are licensed to practice
- Participate in the development of business plans and promote ways of containing health care costs without compromising standards
- Ensure proper implementation of the budget by monitoring, projecting and reporting expenditure
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS management is required.
- Experience in anti-natal and management of children is required.
- Experience in project management preferred.
- Fluency in isiXhosa & English.
- Applicants must possess a University Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Must be in possession of a current SANC registration.
- Dispensing licence
- Preferred training courses completed:
Salary range from R42 047.72 to R47 407.37 basic salary per month depending on scope of competence and experience.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.