Celebrate 20 years by making an anniversary gift.
Case Management Team Coordinator - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Program implementation duties:
- Oversee case management of all clients involving various issues such as child neglect, physical abuse, domestic violence, substance use, ARV non-adherence, financial hardship, food insecurity, etc.
- Supervise and oversee counseling of clients in order to assist them and support them with above-mentioned hardships while promoting self-empowerment, decision-making, and personal growth.
- Supervise and assist in crisis management, counseling, and interventions.
- Oversee screening and psycho-social assessment process
- Assist clients and staff in navigating available services both internally and externally, especially in relation to clinical services.
- Oversee home visit component and provide necessary support
- Oversee weekly support group programming in various topics as needed
- Coordinate client events that involve pertinent social issues such as Child Protection Week, 16 Days of Activism, etc.
- Develop collaborative partnerships between Ubuntu and other service providers, including participation in assigned community meetings.
- Participate in case review meetings and multi/inter-disciplinary team meetings as a contributing member.
- Maintain and enforce confidentiality of all client files, documents, and information
- Remain abreast of developments in the child development field to enhance professional growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Supervisory duties:
- Provide on-going supervision to Caseworkers as well as conducting performance evaluations and other supervisory duties.
- Provide in-house professional development trainings on various psychosocial issues for all appropriate staff
- Planning of workflows in own area and for the team
- Develop, monitor and review policies, procedures and processes.
- Implement departmental policies, procedures and processes
- Adherence to KPI standards
- Procedural training competency: Completion of job-specific and organizational procedural Assessment Questionnaire training
Administrative and other duties:
- Collaborate with other units, ensure that the eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance process for the program is fully implemented
- Support and participate in the ongoing evaluation of programs
- Maintain an up-to-date community resource directory for the program
- Maintain organized and updated client files
- Monitor and maintain accuracy of program data and documentation of program activities
- Ensure compliance with Government Standards and state and local licensing requirements
- Prepare all reports as assigned and required
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Assist with review and refining departmental expenditure estimates and prepare budgets.
- Participate in donor visits as well as represent the organization when interacting with clients, the community, or stakeholders.
- At least 5 years experience working with parents and children
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience with strong leadership skills
- Strong psycho-social skills and understanding of various counseling approaches and interventions
- Experience working with families affected by poverty, violence, and HIV is preferred
- Must be able to travel and make home visits within the community, located in a high-risk, low-income neighbourhood
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or relevant field, masters preferred
§ Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral forms.
§ Fluency in isiXhosa and English
Salary range from R17695 to R21000 basic salary per month depending on scope of competence and experience. Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover and additional annual leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via Email to: email@example.com
- Please do not contact or forward your application directly to Ubuntu Pathways. Make use of the above contact information.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted