Major Areas of Responsibility
- Planning of workflows in own area and for the team, including forward planning of financial reporting schedules.
- Develop, monitor and review departmental accounting policies, procedures and processes.
- Implement departmental accounting policies, procedures and processes.
- Supervision of staff which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution, evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Verify supporting documents for validity, accuracy and completeness, and capture the payments and/or receipts on the accounting system.
- Verify and approved payment transactions, correctly classified, and supported by appropriate source documents.
- Manage the issuing, recording, reconciliation, replenishment, safeguarding and accounting of petty cash.
- Manage liabilities and commitments within budget constraints, including, recording, reconciliation and settlement.
- Manage receivables due to the organization, including the recording, banking and write-off of irrecoverable amounts.
- Ensure consolidated and reconcile payroll data, statutory and other payroll returns are completed.
- Review and approve payroll and statutory and other payroll returns for submission and payment.
- Payroll processing
- Payroll - Tax Year
- Infoslip Administration
- Ensure General Ledger reconciliations are performed (including bank, suspense and interdepartmental accounts).
- Manage General Ledger and Subsidiary Ledger reconciliations (including bank, debtors, creditors, suspense and interdepartmental accounts).
- Information System: Utilize Pastel to capture accounting transactions, control the General ledger, perform financial administration; utilize BIC to prepare financial reports; utilize VIP for payroll and reporting; and utilize SharePoint and Pastel for procurement, stock control and reporting
- VAT administration
Financial Reporting and Administration
- Contribute in the preparation of the year end financial statements and supporting working papers.
- Ensure that financial statements comply with the relevant accounting standards.
- Assist in the preparation of returns for external reporting purposes.
- Perform month-end and year-end accounts closure procedures.
- Analyze and interpret data in order to provide financial management information for decision making.
- Provide accounting and financial information and responses t risk, audit and other assurance providers.
- Capture and maintain master file information (creditors, debtors, payroll, assets, stock) on the accounting system.
- Verify and approve master file information (creditors, debtors, payroll, assets, stock) in the accounting system.
- File, store, retrieve and safeguard source and face value documents.
- Maintain statutory and other required registers with supporting documents, including but not limited to: Fixed Asset Register; register of gifts (in line with procurement); losses, damages and claims register; and supplier database.
- Provide assistance in conducting finance annual risk assessment at organizational level as part of Risk Area committee member to identify finance risks relevant to the organization.
- Maintain a Critical processes risk register.
- Maintain a Statutory Compliance Register.
- Conduct quarterly risk area committee meetings.
- Maintain a standard operating procedure deviation file.
Reviews & Analytics
- Ensure general ledger chart of accounts are in line with IFRS and internal reporting standards.
- Perform a monthly and annual review of operating expenses and provide reasons for significant variances.
- Annual Financial Statements review & analysis.
- Preparation and execution of the internal audit plan.
- Conduct an annual finance survey.
- Internal Report maintenance
- Financial accounting systems maintenance
- Experience: 3 years
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and Word
- Able to prepare AFS on annual basis
- Qualification: BCom Accounting or similar qualification
Salary - R29000.00 Cost to Company per (CTC) month. This CTC salary will include benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover and life cover. Additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
• Send your CV via Email to : email@example.com
• Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
• Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
• Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
• Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.